I am very grateful to Hannah Givens for linking to my blog in her recent In Case You Missed It post on her excellent blog Hannah Reads Books. Hannah is a very intelligent, insightful blogger, and I have always enjoyed her writings.
I will let Hannah explain how In Case You Missed It works…
So, that’s the idea of the ICYMI (In Case You Missed It) Tag: Go through the past two years of your blog and pick the five posts you most want people to read. Then tag your favorite blogs to do the same — people you’ve lost touch with, new discoveries you’d like to get to know, however you want to do it. Feel free to link back to me, I’d love to see it spreading!
Great idea, Hannah! I’m definitely happy to participate.
Here are five blog posts I’ve written within the last two years with which I was very satisfied:
- Our Family by Victor Pemberton – I wrote this piece shortly after my girlfriend Michele’s mother passed away. Pemberton has written a number of excellent historical novels examining family life in England during the first half of the 20th Century. Michele’s mother enjoyed his books, which reminded her of her childhood in Liverpool.
- Batman Co-Creator Bill Finger – A brief look at the life & work of legendary comic book writer Bill Finger, who in late 2015 at long last received official recognition as the co-creator of Batman.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens – My review of the much-anticipated first Star Wars movie to be produced by Disney.
- Black Lightning Strikes Twice – I take a look at the long-awaited trade paperback reprinting the original Black Lightning comic book written by Tony Isabella and penciled by Trevor Von Eeden in the late 1970s, the first DC Comics series to star an African American superhero.
- Celebrating Chanukah with The Thing – Diversity in comic books is important. I examine this from a personal perspective, as I look back at how Ben Grimm, the Thing from the Fantastic Four, was finally revealed to be Jewish.
Here are the excellent blogs that I am tagging:
- Witches Brew Press – My girlfriend Michele Witchipoo’s wonderful blog about art & music.
- The Unspoken Decade – Dean Compton’s enjoyable look at the comic books of the 1990s.
- the m0vie blog – Darren Mooney writes fascinating reviews that examine moves & TV shows within the wider cultural context.
- Three Cat Yard – The wonderful adventures of housecats in suburbia, with many beautiful photographs.
- iBLOGalot – J.R. LeMar looks at comic books , TV shows and movies, as well as political & social issues.
I hope everyone will check these out! If I’ve posted a link to your blog, I hope you will also be able to do your own In Case You Missed It post.